Patients can pre-book their care with VNA South Central prior to a scheduled surgery. Your surgeon simply has to send us a referral with the plans for surgery and we can schedule post-op care in advance so your mind is at ease. Call us for more information, 203-777-5521.
Patients can take advantage of all of our Rehab department has to offer, in coordination with your surgeon.
VNA South Central provides physical therapy, occupational therapy and speech therapy to patients through our Rehabilitation and Therapy team. Our nurses and home health aides will assist in nursing needs for patients recovering from a major surgery.
- Our therapy program is focused on increasing strength and mobility
- Education and teaching of safe techniques for activities of daily living (ADLs)
- Home safety evaluation of exterior and interior of home
- Wound care and monitoring of incision site
- Medical reconciliation and nursing evaluation of associated balance issues
- Recommendations for home modification and durable medical equipment (DME)
- Development of a written and illustrated home exercise program
- Home health aide for assistance with personal care
- Removal of surgical staples
- PT/INR values
- Teaching of maintenance programs after discharge